Wednesday, December 12, 2007

And so it begins...

We have officially begun the countdown. I have less than one week before I leave France and that old familiar feeling has returned. The combination of excitement and sadness, like I am reaching out for someone while at the same time digging in my heels, being dragged forward against my will. No arguing with time...

I have been well loved during my time here, it will be difficult to leave my friends, they have come to mean so much to me. Yet I am excited to see my family again, to hug my mom, become reacquainted with my nephew, who at 2 years old, changes daily.

And so it begins...or begins again, the paradoxical missionary life, a life of goodbyes mixed with reunions, a combination of adventure, fear and uncertainty.

Thank you for your prayers.

No comments: